This blog has moved.

The new address is

Please go there.


Thursday, January 12, 2012

Be my "lover" and "play" with me

What is it about these words, "lover" and "play"?

For me, they're (almost) always a turn-off.  Not just a turn-off.  A dispositive, not-gonna-go-there turn-off.

I have a bunch of associations with the words, none positive, and for better or for worse, I draw a certain set of conclusions about just about anyone who uses them.

There's one exception that I can think of - the Historian.  But apart from her, whenever a woman uses these words, it makes me not want to fuck her.

To me, the words signal a seriousness - a SELF-seriousness - that is repulsive.  I don't take myself at all seriously.  I think I'm smart, articulate, good-looking, fun in bed, creative, and FUNNY.  Especially in bed.

To me, "lovers" don't laugh in bed, they don't even smile.  When they're "playing," they're deadly serious.

No comments:

Post a Comment